More presenters, panels added for The Meeting season kickoff in Aspen
Additional presenters and panel topics have been added to the lineup for the ninth installment of The Meeting, happening in Aspen Sept. 26-28.
The registration fee for The Meeting is $349 per person through Thursday, Sept. 12, and $399 if purchased thereafter. Registration for The Meeting 9 includes access to panels, speakers, movie screenings, guest activities, live music and Meeting parties.
"This compilation of individuals creates a program that is unrivaled by any other event and will provide the opportunity for attendees to gain invaluable knowledge, connections and experiences," says Deric Gunshor, Senior Event Marketing Manager, Aspen Skiing Company.
The Meeting, Colorado’s premier snow film festival, features the latest ski and snowboard films serving as the foundation for a weekend of panels, speakers, networking, music, art, and fun. The event includes a one-day conference on Friday, September 27, with presentation and panel sessions that allow for discussion and networking. The speakers create a compelling line-up that brings outside perspective to facilitate thought-provoking discussion around growing the snow sports business.
The presentation and panel topics are as follows:
· Presentation: Steven Kotler: The Rise of Superman – Kotler will detail his research on the power of flow and how we can use this information to radically accelerate performance in our own lives.
· Presentation: riCardo Crespo - riCardo will share applied principles around brand authenticity and projection as a bridge to engagement.
· Presentation: Nick Sargent – Building and maintaining partnerships from a brand perspective.
· Presentation: Brooke Wentz – The Perfect Soundtrack: Attendees will be taken through a collection of case studies showing them how they can beat the system, squeeze pennies, or otherwise get past the obstacles that stand between their film and its perfect soundtrack.
· Panel: The current state of the content distribution with a focus on maximizing digital opportunities and delivering a quantifiable return on investment. The conversation will be moderated by Chase Jarvis and will include C.J. Olivares, Danny Grant and Ian Durkin.
· Panel: The strategy of building, marketing, and selling a brand to transcend from the endemic market to mainstream while maintaining core integrity. The conversation will be moderated by Chase Jarvis and will include Paul Crandell, Jim Gunning and Sally Mueller.
In addition to the panelists and speakers that have already been announced, the following have been added to the line-up to bring even more value this year:
· Jim Gunning (www.resqwater.com) - Managing Director/Partner for RESQWATER Anti Hangover Drink, Gunning has almost 20 years of experience leading brand building and marketing initiatives for such brands as Red Bull, Vitamin Water and Target. Currently he is overseeing the national launch for RESQWATER Anti Hangover Drink.
· Chase Jarvis (www.chasejarvis.com) - Well known as a visionary photographer, director, and fine artist with a consistent ambition to break down the barriers between new - and traditional media, fine - and commercial art.
· Steven Kotler - Kotler is a New York Times bestselling author, award-winning journalist and co-founder and director of research for the Flow Genome Project, an international, multi-disciplinary organization dedicated to decoding the state of peak performance known as flow. His books include the non-fiction works “Abundance,” “A Small Furry Prayer” and “West of Jesus” and the novel “The Angle Quickest for Flight.” His articles have appeared in over 60 publications, including The New York Times Magazine, Atlantic Monthly, Wired, Forbes, GQ, National Geographic, Popular Science, Discover and the LA Times. He also writes Far Frontiers, a blog about disruptive technology, guerilla neuroscience and adrenaline sport for Forbes.com.
· C.J. Olivares (www.grindmedia.com)- Currently Senior Media Consultant with Grind Media, Olivares is an executive media and sports consultant providing a range of brands, properties and media companies with strategic and operational guidance in the development, production and distribution of programming on linear and on-demand platforms, as well as strategic growth opportunities. Olivares has more than 20 years of diverse experience packaging and producing television, sports and events, having served in an executive capacity with such entities as FUEL TV, Bluetorch, Fox Sports Net, Inclyne Sports and Triathlete Magazine.
· Sally Mueller (www.thecherokeegroup.com) - Mueller became Chief Brand Officer of The Cherokee Group in September 2011. Prior to joining Cherokee, Mueller spent over 24 years at Target Corporation. Mueller also has extensive experience in the entertainment and licensing industry, spending over eight years partnering with Disney, Nickelodeon, Sanrio and many others. In June 2010, Mueller started Mueller Marketing, a collaborative focused on retail and brand innovation. Since founding Mueller Marketing, Mueller has led the development of the global brand marketing vision for the Cherokee brand as well as created campaigns for Disney, Zellers, Nickelodeon, Kohls, and Sears Canada.
· Ian Durkin (www.vimeo.com) - Curator of Staff Picks videos for Vimeo by day, and photographer/filmmaker all the other times, Durkin spends a lot of time looking at, and thinking about, film. Particularly, he considers how such things live on the Internet.
Guest speakers and panelists at The Meeting 9 conference that were already announced include:
· Paul Crandell (http://gopro.com/) – Vice President of Marketing at GoPro
· riCardo Crespo (www.th13teen.com) – CCO at Th13teen, riCardo is prominent in the design and branding industries as a provocative ronin.
· Danny Grant (www.theorchard.com) – As General Manager of The Orchard Sports, Grant works directly with filmmakers and brands to help syndicate and monetize their premium content worldwide.
· Nick Sargent (www.burton.com) – Global Director of Strategic Alliance at Burton Snowboards.
· Brooke Wentz (www.rightsworkshop.com) – As Founder of The Rights Workshop, Wentz boasts an award-winning music supervisor background and intellectual property rights executive with over 20 years working in the television, cable, film and recording industries.
Tickets to movies at the Wagner Park Theater will be sold separately through the Wheeler Opera House box office or online at www.aspenshowtix.com. Tickets for music and movies at the Belly Up Aspen will be available through the Belly Up Box office and online at www.bellyupaspen.com/events. The D&E and Four-Mountain Sports Fashion Show at the Belly Up will be free to the public but tickets must be purchased for DJ Shadow show that follows. Just announced, MTHDS perform the Beastie Boys will take the stage at Belly-Up on Saturday, September 28. A conference-only pass will be offered for $225 and includes lunch and happy hour.
Event Pass Includes:
· Conference session day (Sept 27) with lunch and happy hour
· Private go-cart racing (Sept 28)
· Guaranteed entry to the latest released ski and snowboard films
· D&E Ski & Snowboard Shop Fashion Show at the Belly Up
· Ticket for 2 nights of music at the Belly Up (DJ Shadow on 9/27, MTHDS perform the Beastie Boys on 9/28)
· Complimentary drinks at all movies and music events
· Event gift bag, bike rentals and gondola foot passenger tickets
For movie trailers and event information visit www.aspensnowmass.com/themeeting.
The Limelight Hotel will once again be the official headquarters for The Meeting. A special 35 percent off published rates for all available room categories is available for guests of the event. There is two night minimum stay required to guarantee these rates. To make your reservation please email email@example.com or call 800.433.0832 and reference “The Meeting.”
Video & Photos:
Follow @AspenSnowmass on twitter for all the latest updates. Please note the official hashtag of event: #TheMeeting9. To check out everything that went down at The Meeting 8 last year click here: https://vimeo.com/50639335 or visit www.flickr.com/photos/aspensnowmass/sets/72157631643743776/ for photos.
The Meeting is presented by GoPro and sponsored by Bud Light, Helly Hansen, Red Bull, Audi, Target and RESQWATER.
0 Comments on "More presenters, panels added for The Meeting season kickoff in Aspen"
Be the first to comment below.