Volunteers needed for Quiznos Pro Challenge
The Quiznos Pro Challenge™ today announced that volunteer opportunities for the international cycling competition are now available online at the event’s official website, www.quiznosprochallenge.com. Those who would like to volunteer for the inaugural event can apply online for positions including security, media check-in, economic impact survey, volunteer check-in, and individual stage course marshals.
Scheduled for August 22-28, 2011, more than 4,000 volunteers are needed to support as many as one million anticipated fans, who will be following 128 of the world’s top professional cyclists as they compete through six stages and nearly 600 miles of Colorado landscape.
“The support of the local communities and assistance from dedicated volunteers will be crucial to the success of the inaugural Quiznos Pro Challenge,” said Ellen Kramer, General Manager of the Quiznos Pro Challenge. “We welcome the country’s biggest sports and cycling fans to Colorado to take an active role in this historic event.”
Volunteer positions for the 2011 Quiznos Pro Challenge include:
* Security: Assist tour security staff with access control, including on-course, hospitality, awards, green room and press conference support.
* Assist Tour Security Staff with access-control, including on-course, hospitality, awards, green room and press conference; will be provided special Security Volunteer T-shirt. [2-3 hours before race start/arrival to about 30 minutes after.]
* Media Check-in: Assist tour media operations staff with media check-in, credential distribution, serve as “runners,” and assist with general media Q&A and office set-up.
* Start Cities:Assist with distribution of media credentials at Media Check-in. [2 hours before race start until race start.]
* Finish Cities:Assist Tour Media Operations staff in the Media Office: Assist with Credential distribution, serve as “runners”, and assist with general Q&A and office set-up. [3 hours before race arrival until race finish.]
* Economic Impact Survey Volunteers: Collect economic impact survey data. Volunteers will walk in and around the finish area and the health and wellness exposition asking spectators to take a short one-page survey.
* Responsible for collecting economic impact survey data. Volunteers will be provided with a clipboard and surveys. Volunteers will walk in and around the finish area and health and wellness expo asking spectators to take a short one page survey. This is the perfect volunteer position for individuals that enjoy mingling and chatting with the spectators. [2-3 hours before race start/arrival until about 30 minutes after.]
* Volunteer Check-in: Assist host city volunteer coordinators with set-up, check-in, registration and deployment of athletes.
* Assist LOC Volunteer Coordinator with set-up, check-in/registration and deployment. [3-5 hours before race start/arrival until race start/arrival; may be broken into shifts.]
* Individual Stage Course Marshals: Assigned a designated area along the race course to assist with the coordination and safety of the field of play for all race venues.
Dates of the 2011 Quiznos Pro Challenge:
* Prologue: Monday, August 22 — Colorado Springs
* Stage 1: Tuesday, August 23 — Salida to Crested Butte/Mt. Crested Butte
* Stage 2: Wednesday, August 24 — Gunnison to Aspen
* Stage 3: Thursday, August 25 — Vail
* Stage 4: Friday, August 26 — Avon to Steamboat Springs
* Stage 5: Saturday, August 27 — Steamboat Springs to Breckenridge
* Stage 6: Sunday, August 28 — Golden to Denver
Detailed descriptions of each position along with estimated time commitments are listed on the registration page. Potential volunteers have the option to list their top three position choices for the competition and are able to participate in multiple stages of the race provided no conflicts exist. Minors under 18 years of age are eligible to volunteer, but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
For additional information regarding volunteer opportunities for the 2011 Quiznos Pro Challenge, please visit www.quiznosprochallenge.com/volunteer-registration
The Quiznos Pro Challenge is the most demanding professional bike race ever held in America, with racers experiencing breathless altitudes and nearly 600 mountain miles, for seven straight days. The inaugural 2011 Quiznos Pro Challenge will take place August 22-28, traveling through some of the world’s most famous and beautiful destinations, including Colorado Springs, Salida, Crested Butte/Mt. Crested Butte, Gunnison, Aspen, Vail, Avon, Steamboat Springs, Breckenridge, Golden and Denver. 128 of the world’s best professional cyclists from 16 teams, including Team RadioShack, HTC-Highroad, Slipstream Sports/Garmin-Cervelo and Liquigas-Cannondale, will be put to the test like never before.
The competition brings the high speeds, danger and adrenaline of professional cycling to heights more than two miles in elevation, across some of the most picturesque terrain in the world—the Colorado Rocky Mountains. In the months leading up to the race and throughout the live event, fans worldwide will be able to track their favorite cyclists like never before with the most advanced, interactive online, smartphone and broadcast television experience presented to date in professional cycling.
3 Comments on "Volunteers needed for Quiznos Pro Challenge"